If you’re like my husband and just realizing Mother’s Day is this coming Sunday, you may be frantically trying to figure out what to get the mother of your children. Never fear, here are five Mother’s Day gift ideas from Amazon (because Amazon Prime saves all our butts) for mom’s who like to hang out in the kitchen, or have to be in the kitchen because their children like to live.
Last Minutes Mother’s Day Gift Ideas for those of Us Who Forget Things
- Everyone wins with this ice cream maker from Cuisinart. This is the ice cream maker we have. I love it. It makes great ice cream easy. With it you could make this ice cream, which is always a good idea. Summer is coming and everyone will be happier with the ability to churn their own ice cream.
- Sous vide is to steak what a slow cooker is to pot roast. If you want perfectly cooked steak without having to sit and watch it, this is your new best friend. And, this particular model has bluetooth and wifi capabilities, allowing you more precision in your timing. I’ve been asking for one of these for years now. Fingers crossed.
- If Joe loves me and values my sanity as much as he keeps saying he does, he will buy me this coffee machine. (I’ll let ya’ll know how it goes.) My uncle has it. It grinds the beans and makes individual cups, fresh. It’s the convenience of a Keurig without the crappy construction and design.
- So much of cooking and baking is science, which I love because that means it can be learned and understood. A little bit of talent always helps, but if you understand the basic science of whatever you’re cooking it is more likely to turn out well. I understand basic baking in that I know you need fat, acid, a leaven, protein, etc. But I still don’t understand proportions and interactions. From what I hear this is the Bible for understanding baking in the kitchen (which is probably why it’s named that). If you have a mom who likes to bake, this is a great option.
- If you like to cook, chances are you like to cook for someone. One of my favorite meals is brunch. It’s low stress and you can drink mimosas. And I love this carafe for dressing it up a bit. Unless you’re spouse or child who already bought your mom number #3, this is a great option to have for entertaining.
Did you procrastinate? What other last minute Mother’s Day gift ideas do you have?